Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Free Download 32/64-bit offline installer management studio, enterprise, standard, and express edition for Windows 7,8.1, and 10.
SQL Server 2014 Overview
In 1988, Microsoft released its first version of SQL Server 1989 and its code name is Filpi. It was designed for the OS/2 platform and was developed jointly by Microsoft and Sybase. Version 1.1 is also designed for OS/2 in 1991. Its code name is Pietro. Version 4.2A and 4.2B are launched in 1992 and 1993. Both are 16-bit versions. The arrival date of Version 6.0 in public was 1996 its code name was SQL95 Version 7.0 is released in 1998, its code name is Spinx.
Version 8.0 is released in 2000, its code name was Spiloh. Version 9.0 is released in 2005, and its code name was Yukon. Version 10.0 was released in 2008 and its code name was Katmai. Version 10.5 is released in 2010and its code name was Kilimanjaro. Version 11.0 was released in 2012, its code name Denali. Version 12 is released in 2014, its code name is Hekaton.
What is SQL Server?
SQL Server is a software application that is developed by Microsoft. The main purpose of this software is to store, retrieving data as required by applications. SQL Server is platform-dependent. It is both commands-based and GUI (Graphic User Interface) software. It supports SQL language which is the common database and non-procedural language.
SQL Server 2014 was officially released on 1st April 2014. SQL Server 2014, the latest complete information platform from Microsoft, embodies the new period of Microsoft’s Cloud OS, which provides organizations and clients with one consistent platform for the framework, applications, and data that span customer data centers, hosting service provider data centers, and the Microsoft public cloud. The latest version of SQL Server is a major new release, but not a disruptive one.
You get security and backup improvements that you can start using straight away and you can keep working the way you always have while making the changes needed to take advantage of performance increases. SQL Server 2014 improves significantly performance and rapidity of your databases.SQL Server 2014 offers a number of improvements, including expanded in-memory capabilities, streamlined cloud integration, and enhanced availability and scalability.
Upgrades in SQL Server 2014 have given databases stunningly better informational redundancy, security, and accessibility. SQL Server 2014 also offers organizations the opportunity to efficiently protect, unlock, and scale their data across the desktop, cell devices, data centers, and a private, public, or hybrid cloud. SQL 2014 is launched in different editions which mainly includes Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Business Intelligence Edition, Developer Edition, and also in Express Edition.
SQL Server 2014 Features
The latest feature of Download SQL Server 2014 Free is briefly described below.
- The connection of database to anyone: It is new server-level permission due to which allows connecting all current databases and any new databases that should be created at other times.
- Select all users securable: It is server-level permission that allows viewing data in all databases that are permitted by the login.
- Alter any database event session: This is database-level permission that allows a developer to read all metadata.
- A mainly new Feature is added to the SQL server, which is In-Memory OLTP, which grants you an advantage of speed improvement.OLTP work on some properties which are Aggressive optimization at compile-time, No buffer pool, Only hash, and range indexes are available, Stream-based storage for durability, Full ACID support, the Core engine using lock-free algorithms, No lock manager, latches or spinlocks, etc.
- SQL Server 2014 enables new unique hybrid-cloud solutions based on the Cloud OS. These solutions can affect positively an organization’s bottom line and allow any association to create innovative and functional solutions for its own database applications.
- SQL Server 2014 will support the memory-optimized tables. Like, SQL Server 2014 consists of a diagnostic tool to help you to show which databases and tables are best suited to run in memory.
- In SQL Server 2014, the query speed has been improved when developers should work as using column store indexes, with the use of a new batch mode. This batch mode improves CPU utilization by Minimizing instructions per row.
- SQL Server 2014 also enhances memory-related capabilities is by letting you extend the SQL Server in-memory buffer pool to an SSD (solid-state drive).
- In SQL Server 2014, the column store indexing functionality has also been updated. Column store indexes were first introduced in SQL Server 2012 to support highly aggregated data warehouse queries.
- Server 2014 also introduced a new feature that is, the second type of column store index that is both clustered and updateable. It is also more efficient at compressing data, which allows additional data to fit into memory, helping to reduce expensive I/O operations.
- SQL Server 2014 has also added a feature which in which developers should have the ability to use an Azure VM as an Always On availability group replica.
System Requirements and Technical Detail
- OS Supported: Windows 10, Windows 7, XP, 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Free Hard Disk Memory: 1 GB
- Memory Installed (RAM): 1GB
- Developer: Microsoft Inc.
SQL Server 2014 Free Download
Start single-click direct download of SQL Server 2014 by clicking on the download button.